Program Quick Facts
At a Glance
- Graduate in as Little as One Year
- 2 Opportunities to Start Per Year
- 100% Online
- Bridge Courses Available
- 14-Week Courses
- No GMAT/GRE Required
- Credits Required: 30*
- Cost Per Credit: $1,050
- Total Tuition Cost: $31,500
- Next Start Date: January 24
- Application Deadline: January 10
*This does not include bridge courses.
To learn more about online Master of Science in Cybersecurity, fill out the fields in this form to download a free brochure. If you have any questions at any time, please contact an admission advisor at (866) 843-7205.
Pace University offers an online Master of Science in Cybersecurity tailored to working professionals. This fully online cybersecurity master’s degree looks toward the future of cyber defense, utilizing hands-on learning and the latest industry practice to develop students’ problem-solving abilities.
If you’re looking to advance your career and combat cyber crime, Pace University’s 100% online MS in Cybersecurity will prepare you to find solutions for the next wave of cyber threats.
STEM-Designated Curriculum with Real-World Practice
Our curriculum blends theoretical and practical cyber defense knowledge to develop strong problem-solving abilities. Through virtual labs and project-based learning, students not only gain vital information security knowledge, but they get the opportunity to put theory into practice. Our courses adhere to the NSA’s rigorous set of standards and equip professionals with the in-demand skills employers look for. Because of this, our program has been designated as a National Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense Education (CAE-CDE).
Our 30-credit-hour online program can be completed in only 1 year, full-time or 2 years, part-time. We offer two concentrations and a general track:
- The Cyber Operations concentration focuses on the technical aspects of protecting computing systems, reconnaissance, and exploitation in cyberspace.
- The Cybersecurity Leadership concentration prepares students for cybersecurity leadership roles such as chief information security officer, with knowledge of technology, policy, risk management, and governance.
- Students who choose not to specialize can complete a general track, in which they choose elective courses from a curated list of cybersecurity-related topics.
For more information and detailed course content visit our curriculum page.
Centralized Location With Global Connections
Pace University is located in the heart of New York City, a global business and technology hub. We have partnerships with private industry and government agencies, as well as a network of worldwide security professionals. Students also have access to the Pace Career Services team, who work with 10,000 employers annually and prepare students for future employment.
Industry Experts Committed to Making a Difference
Our faculty understand that professionals enter the field of cybersecurity to help organizations in making a better cyber space. Our team of experts has countless years of experience working with companies like Google, Microsoft, and IBM; and government agencies like the Department of Homeland Security and the National Security Agency. They have committed themselves to sharing their knowledge with the next generation of cybersecurity professionals.
To learn more about the professors at Pace, visit our faculty page.
We’ve built our program on a STEM-designated curriculum that prepares students for the realities of a career in cybersecurity. We work hard for our students and in turn, they excel when they graduate. With our expert faculty and innovative curriculum, it’s no wonder so many people choose Pace.
- #1 Private University in Upward Economic Mobility for Students, Harvard University’s Opportunity Insights, 2017
- Designated a National Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense Education by the National Security Agency and the Department of Homeland Security
To apply, you should have:
- A cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher is preferred
- Prerequisite courses including:
- CS601C or Equivalencies: Computational Statistics
- IS612, CS502 or Equivalencies: Introduction to Coding or Fundamental Computer Science I Using Java
- IS632 or Equivalencies: Business Data Communications
Those without the above prerequisite courses can still apply, but will be required to take these courses prior to beginning the core courses in the program.
For more details on admission requirements and the application process, visit our admission page.
Advance Your Career in Cybersecurity at Pace
The U.S. Bureau of Statistics projects that employment for information security analysts will grow 31% from 2019 to 2029. This is much faster than the average across other industries, likely due to the ever increasing threat that cybercrime poses to businesses around the globe. In addition, recent placement statistics show that 97% of Seidenberg students are employed full-time or continuing their education within one year of graduation.
This overwhelming student success can be seen as graduates from the Seidenberg School enjoy exciting careers at organizations including the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, the FBI, and the New York City Cyber Command.
Just a few of the job titles available to master’s in cybersecurity graduates include:
- Cybersecurity Specialist
- Chief information Security Officer
- Penetration Testing Analyst
- Information Security Auditor
- Digital Forensics Investigator