We are proud that the faculty of the Seidenberg School are expert practitioners who couple PhD-level mastery with extensive experience in the cyber defense industry. Faculty members within the Seidenberg School are active members of the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) and the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Inc. (IEEE), the premier professional organizations in the computing field.
Not only are professors seasoned and highly-trained in their subject area, they are dedicated to student success and provide opportunities both inside and out of the classroom for hands-on learning.
Li-Chiou Chen, PhD
Li-Chiou Chen’s research areas include network security, security risk perception and management, cybersecurity data analytics, and cybersecurity education.
She has co-authored numerous articles in top academic journals including Computer & security, Decision Support Systems and IEEE Transactions, and has over a decade of experience researching in the fields of computer science and information systems.
Chen earned her PhD in Engineering and Public Policy from Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh, PA and both her MBA and BBA in Management Information Systems from National Chengchi University in Taipei, Taiwan.
- PhD, Carnegie Mellon University, Engineering and Public Policy, Pittsburgh, PA, US, 2003
- MS, Carnegie Mellon University, Engineering and Public Policy, Pittsburgh, PA, US , 2000
- MBA, National Chengchi University, Management Information Systems, Taipei, TA, Taiwan, 1994
- BBA, National Chengchi University, Management Information Systems, Taipei, TA, Taiwan, 1992
Awards and Honors
- National Science Foundation, “A Multiple Pathway Approach to CyberCorps – Renewal.” 2015-2020.
- Department of Defense Cybersecurity Scholarship Program, “Building a Community of Cyber Talent using Cyberpassport.” 2019-2020.
- Department of Defense, “GenCyber Summer Workshop in Cybersecurity for High School Teachers at Pace University”, 2016- 2020.
James Gabberty, DPS
James Gabberty is an information and communication technology practitioner with 30+ years of experience in academia and industry. Prior to his current position as professor of information systems and associate dean for external relations, he helped build large-scale systems in the banking & brokerage industry in New York City’s financial community.
- Certificate, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Sloan School of Business, Cambridge, MA, US, 2007 Strategy and Innovation
- DPS, Pace University, New York, 2002 Information Systems / International Business (double major)
- MS, Polytechnic University of New York, 1993 Telecommunications
- MBA, New York Institute of Technology, 1991 Information Systems
- BS, State University of New York at Stony Brook, 1982 Physics/Math
- AS, Nassau Community College, 1981 Information Systems
- AS, State University of New York at Albany, 1980 Math
Awards and Honors
- Polytechnic University of New York – Cum Laude, MS
- NYU Faculty Resource Network Program – Faculty Associate Status
- Pace University, Lubin School of Business – Honors Society – Economics
- Pace University, School of Computer Science and Information Systems – Summa Cum Laude – Doctoral Program
- NYU, June 1, 2004 – Scholar-in-Residence
- International Applied Business Research Conference, Puerto Vallarta, March 2002, March 1, 2002 – Best Paper Award – March 2002
- Pace University, 2005 – Pace Sponsored Research Release-Time Award
Darren Hayes, PhD
Darren Hayes has authored and co-authored dozens of articles in scholarly journals including Sustainability and the Journal of Information Systems Applied Research, and has made numerous media appearances to discuss cybersecurity and information technology in outlets including CNBC, MSNBC, NPR, and The Wall Street Journal.
Hayes, along with two Pace colleagues, received a federal grant from the National Science Foundation for an ongoing research project that has been awarded more than $2.5 million to date. He holds professional memberships in organizations including The Navy League of the United States and the Open Web Application Security Project.
He earned both his Doctorate in Professional Studies and his MS in Information Systems from Pace University, and his BA in History from University College Dublin.
- PhD, Sapienza Università di Roma, Rome, Italy, 2019 Industrial Engineering
- DPS, Pace University, Seidenberg School of Computer Science and Information Systems, White Plains, NY, US, 2008
- MS, Pace University, New York, NY, US , 2001 Information Systems
- HDBS , Michael Smurfit Graduate School of Business, University College Dublin, Dublin, Ireland, 1993 Banking & Finance
- BA, University College Dublin, Dublin, Ireland, 1992 History
Awards and Honors
- Homeland Security Investigations (HSI), February 13, 2020 – HSI New York Private Sector Partnership Award
- Association of Information Technology Professionals, November 7, 2017 – Best Paper of CONISAR Conference
- HTCIA, Northeast Chapter, December 15, 2013 – Outstanding Contribution Award
- Forensics Colleges, January 1, 2013 – Top 10 Computer Forensics Professors
- HTCIA, Northeast Chapter, December 15, 2010 – Outstanding Contribution Award
Licenses and Certificates
- AccessData, January 17 – AccessData Mobile Examiner
- BlackBag Technologies, May 16 – Certified BlackLight Examiner
Belgacem Raggad, PhD
Belgacem Raggad’s research interests include management information systems, software engineering, and artificial intelligence.
He has authored and co-authored articles in publications such as the International Journal of Computer Network and Security and INASE Journal, and has presented at the IEEE Conference on Cognitive Decisions. He holds professional memberships in more than 15 organizations and was awarded the Gold Medal for Great Contributions in IS Security by the country of Tunisia.
Raggad earned his PhD in Information Management from Pennsylvania State University and both his MS in Computer Information Systems and AD in Mathematics and Physics from the University of Tunis.
- PhD, Pennsylvania State University at University Park, 1989 Information Management
- MS, University of Tunis, 1979 Computer Information Systems
- AD, University of Tunis, 1975 Mathematics and Physics
Awards and Honors
- The Country of Tunisia, November 1, 2001 – Gold Medal for Great Contributions in IS Security
- Pace University, School of Computer Science and Information System, December 31, 1998- CSIS Excellence in Research Award
- NULL, June 6, 1998 – Award in Excellence in Research & Scholarship, Pace University
- Data Processing Management Association, December 31, 1989 – Data Processing Management Award
- NULL, December 31, 1982 – Fulbright Scholarship
- CII-Honeywell Bull of Paris, December 31, 1979 – Scholarship
Jun Yuan, PhD
Prior to joining Pace in fall 2018, Jun Yuan was a research scientist at Stony Brook University, an assistant professor at Farmingdale State College and an engineer at Percona. She received her PhD in Computer Science from Stony Brook University. She has three years of industry experience and 11 years of research experience in systems and theory. She has received Best Paper nominations at USENIX FAST18/FAST 20, the Best Paper Award at USENIX FAST 16 and Best Paper Runner-up at USENIX FAST 15.
- PhD, Stony Brook University, 2016 Computer Science
- MS, Huazhong University of Science & Technology, 2007 Computer Engineering
- BS, Huazhong University of Science & Technology, 2004 Computer Engineering
Awards and Honors
- USENIX FAST 2020, 2020 – Best Paper Nomination
- USENIX FAST 2018, 2018 – Best Paper Nomination
- USENIX FAST 2016, 2016 – Best Paper Award
- USENIX FAST 2015, 2015 – Best Paper Runner-up
- Hubei Province, China, 2004 – Best Undergraduate Thesis
Narayan Murthy, PhD
Narayan Murthy’s research interests include algorithms and numerical analysis. He has authored and co-authored various textbook chapters, conference papers, and articles in professional journals including the International Journal of Environmental, Cultural, Economic and Social Sustainability and the Journal of Computing Sciences in Colleges. He holds a professional membership in the Association for Computing Machinery.
Murthy earned both his PhD and MS in Mathematics, as well as his MS in Computer Science, from the University of Rhode Island. He also holds an MS in Mathematics and a BS in Physics and Mathematics from the University of Mysore, India.
- MS, University of Rhode Island, 1985 Computer Science
- PhD, University of Rhode Island, 1981 Mathematics
- MS, University of Rhode Island, 1977 Mathematics
- MS, University of Mysore, India, 1966 Mathematics
- BS, University of Mysore, India, 1963 Physics and Mathematics
Yegin Genc, PhD
Yegin Genc is an assistant professor in the Department of Information Systems, School of Computer Science and Information Systems, Pace University. Prior to Pace University, he was a CIS and business analytics professor in the Business School of Manhattan College. He received his PhD in Information Management from Stevens Institute of Technology in 2014.
- PhD, Stevens Institute of Technology, Hoboken, NJ, 2014 Information Management
- MS, University of Central Missouri, Warrensburg, MO, 2003 Information Technology
- BS, Istanbul Technical University, Istanbul, Turkey, 2001 Mechanical Engineering
To learn more about online Master of Science in Cybersecurity, fill out the fields in this form to download a free brochure. If you have any questions at any time, please contact an admission advisor at (866) 843-7205.