The online MS in Software Development and Engineering faculty in the Seidenberg School of Computer Science and Information Systems are award-winning instructors with decades of experience in software development, computer science, and cybersecurity. They actively present at leading academic meetings, meet regularly with industry leaders, and are always on the lookout for ways to update the master’s program to match the evolving tech world.
Not only are Seidenberg School professors dedicated to excellence in their fields, but they are committed to the success of their students. They are accessible and responsive, making themselves available to students through interactive class discussions and one-on-one coaching.
Sotiris Skevoulis, PhD
Sotiris Skevoulis has conducted extensive research in the fields of computers and software, including software development, object-oriented technology and languages, methods of computer education, Java programming, databases, software security. He has also delivered papers and presentations at many technical conferences.
Skevoulis is a member of the Association for Computing Machinery, the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, the European Accreditation Board of Higher Education Schools, the International Association of Engineers, and Formal Methods Europe.
- Formal methods
- Software development
- Object-oriented technology and languages
- Software engineering
- PhD, DePaul University, 1999
- MS, Fairleigh Dickinson University, 1993
- BS, University of Patras, Patras, Greece, 1988
AWARDS AND HONORS
- Keynote speaker, Amity University, 2017
- Excellence in Research Award, Pace University, School of Computer Science and Information Systems, 2001
- Award of Excellence, DePaul University, 1997, 1998, 1999
Chienting Lin, PhD
Chienting Lin’s research centers on information assurance and cybersecurity, technology adoption and usability, digital government, and knowledge management systems.
His research work has appeared in the Journal of Management Information Systems, Decision Support Systems, Social Science Computer Review, the Journal of the American Society for Information Science and Technology, and IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence. He is a member of the Association for Information Systems.
Lin is a Certified Information Systems Security Professional with keen interests in both regulatory compliance and secure software engineering. He currently serves as academic advocate for the Information Systems Audit and Control Association. He is also a member of the FBI’s InfraGard program.
- Information assurance and cybersecurity
- Network intrusion detection and prevention
- Technology adoption and diffusion
- PhD, University of Arizona, 2004
Management Information Systems
- MS, University of Arizona, 1995
Management Information Systems
- BSE, Chung Yuan University, 1992
LICENSURES & CERTIFICATES
- International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional
To learn more about online Master of Science in Software Development and Engineering, fill out the fields in this form to download a free brochure. If you have any questions at any time, please contact an admission advisor at (866) 843-7205.