Program Quick Facts
At a Glance
- Graduate in two years, part-time
- 100% online
- Government specialization
- Three starts per year
- Credits Required: 42
- Cost Per Credit: $900
- Total Tuition Cost: $37,800
- Next Start Date: September 8, 2021
- Application Deadline: August 25, 2021
The mission of the online MPA Program is to prepare our students to become value-driven public service leaders, managers, and analysts by offering our graduates the knowledge of roles, values, skills, and practices that will help them become competent global professionals capable of ethical, innovative, and creative leadership in the public service, in government, heath care and nonprofit organizations.
The mission is realized through the pursuit of five goals:
- 1. Offer an interdisciplinary and internationally-renowned curriculum featuring the integration of knowledge from political science, economics, statistics, business, sociology, psychology, communication, history, law, and philosophy;
- 2. Focus on cutting-edge knowledge generation, application, and dissemination by articulating, incorporating, and balancing traditional public service values (e.g. efficiency, effectiveness, accountability, professionalism) with more recent ones (e.g. equity, fairness, transparency, responsiveness) that guide the actions of successful public administrators;
- 3. Emphasize the importance of practical experience through a) the use of analytical, managerial, and research-based learning, b) opportunities for students to work with faculty on research both inside and outside the classroom, c) fostering the need for work experience in the application of public administration knowledge through Capstone projects and Internship experiences;
- 4. Nurture a sense of service to the community and the profession by a) partnering with key organizations and specialized research institutes, b) engaging with a wide, diverse, and connected alumni network, and c) collaborating with world-class universities in the United States and abroad;
- 5. Promote an inclusive learning environment by aligning the MPA program with Pace University’s motto of Opportunitas.
To learn more about online Master of Public Administration, fill out the fields in this form to download a free brochure. If you have any questions at any time, please contact an admission advisor at (866) 853-4658.
The Pace MPA program fits perfectly into a full-time employee’s work day. The times of the classes, workload, and content are well balanced to maximize my education while respecting my full-time employment.
Marissa Mezzancello, MPA
Clinical Research Manager
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
An Online MPA Program That Helps Individuals Help Communities
The 100% online Master of Public Administration (MPA) program from Pace University’s Dyson College of Arts and Sciences prepares working professionals and aspiring administrators to lead in public service. Our students gain the skills to qualify for multi-faceted positions that utilize complex administrative, policy, and organizational processes. Our coursework effectively prepares students to apply what they learn in the classroom to their current and future work environments.
Our dedicated and experienced faculty will aid students in capitalizing on their own unique strengths so they can graduate confident in their ability to lead and manage in public governance. Students will sharpen critical thinking and data analysis experience, build on oral and written communication skills, master the art of compromise, and gain experience applying real-world solutions and theoretical concepts to community-based problems.
Students will become experts at articulating and applying the public service values and perspectives needed to communicate and interact productively with a diverse and ever-changing workforce and constituency. Additionally, they will learn to identify, interpret, and translate data and research that is pertinent to helping individuals and communities, and influencing systemic change at the local, state, and federal levels.
Expand your global perspective with our short-term study abroad course to Oxford, England taught as PAA 644 Seminar in Government Management.
Please note, the PAA 644 Seminar in Government Management will not be offered in 2021. We are monitoring the COVID-19 situation for future terms.
Candidates are required to hold a four-year undergraduate degree or equivalent from a regionally accredited institution. A 3.0 undergraduate GPA is required, but students with a lower GPA can apply and be interviewed or asked to submit GRE scores and be provisionally admitted.
- Completed online application
- Two letters of recommendation (academic and professional)
- Personal statement
- Official college/university transcripts from all previously attended institutions
GRE and GMAT scores are not required.
Who Can Benefit
- Current and aspiring public management professionals
- Career changers
- Community/organization leaders
- Government interns
- Government employees
- Private sector employees who work closely with the public sector
- Recent college graduates
Upon graduation, online MPA students will be able to:
- Lead and manage in public governance by demonstrating clear and concise oral and written communication skills.
- Participate in and contribute to the legislative, administrative, and organizational policy processes with community-based solutions.
- Analyze, synthesize, and solve problems by applying theoretical concepts into practice.
- Articulate and apply a public service perspective using public service values to justify a research problem, methodology, or recommendation.
- Apply diverse perspectives when addressing a problem in a changing workforce and citizenry.
Career Opportunities for Online MPA Graduates
MPA graduates find a wide range of opportunities within federal, state, and local governments as well as advocacy and community organizations. Below are a few examples of job titles that are relevant to MPA graduates.
- Assistant City Manager
- Budget Analyst
- Budget Director
- Business Manager, School Districts
- Chief Executive Officer
- Chief of Staff
- City Manager
- City Planner
- Commissioner of Finance
- Communication Strategist