Students may start the online Master of Science in Education, Literacy Specialist program in the fall, spring, or summer term. For details about our annual academic calendar and application deadlines, please contact an admission advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The admission committee considers applications on a rolling basis and notifies prospective students when their application is under review. We encourage prospective students to submit their application by the priority application deadline.
Upcoming Start Date
- A bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited institution, with a minimum GPA of 3.0. Upon recommendation from the dean, graduate faculty admissions committee, or director of Student Support Services, candidates with a lower GPA may be determined to have the necessary knowledge and skills to complete the program successfully and admitted on a conditional basis.
- Provisional, initial, or permanent teaching certification from New York or a comparable certification from another state
- Transcripts from previously attended institutions demonstrating that applicants have completed core courses in the arts and sciences, a content-area major, and pedagogy that are consistent with program requirements
- Completed online application
- Two letters of recommendation from academic or professional references
- Current résumé
- Personal statement explaining your reasons for pursuing graduate study
- Official transcripts from all previously attended colleges or universities
Applicants to the MSEd, LIT program are not required to submit GRE scores or pay an application fee.
Transcript Submission Details
Applicants must submit official undergraduate transcripts for all schools where they earned credits toward a conferred degree.
Transcripts are considered official only if they are sent directly to Pace University from the educational institution of origin or forwarded by any NACES-accredited translation evaluator (preferred), the student’s Ministry of Education, a U.S. consular office, an EducationUSA adviser, or the Institute of Foreign Credential Services.
Transcripts can be mailed to:Pace University
Graduate Admission Office
Graduate Application Processing Center
One Pace Plaza
New York, NY 10038
Or digital transcripts can be sent to: email@example.com
In addition to meeting all general admission requirements, international applicants must demonstrate English proficiency by submitting TOEFL, IELTS, or Pearson PTE academic scores.
Citizens from the following countries are waived from the English proficiency requirement: Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the British Virgin Islands, Jamaica, United Kingdom, Ireland, Antigua, Scotland, St. Lucia, Bahamas, Barbados, Trinidad/Tobago, Dominica, Grenada, Grand Cayman, Guyana, Belize, Anguilla, Montserrat, Turks and Caicos Islands, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Antigua, and Barbuda.
If you are an F-1 visa holder, you may not take more than one online class per semester and must be a full-time student for the duration of your program. F-1 visa holders cannot take an all online or majority online program in the United States.
To learn more about Master of Science in Education, Literacy Specialist, fill out the fields in this form to download a free brochure. If you have any questions at any time, please contact an admission advisor at (866) 843-7201.