Upcoming Start Date
The next start date is
January 22, 2024
The application deadline is
January 8, 2024
Students applying to the online Advanced Certificate in Secure Software and Information Engineering should have at least one of the following:
- A bachelor’s in computer science or related undergraduate degree (3.0 GPA preferred) OR
- A bachelor’s degree in any subject plus substantial working experience in the computing field OR
- An undergraduate or graduate degree in a related field (3.0 GPA preferred), along with proof of extensive training and/or practice in software development
International applicants may need to meet some additional requirements. Please visit our international students page for more information.
Previous Experience Considerations
The Advanced Certificate in Secure Software and Information Engineering requires a strong background in computer science. Applicants should have some knowledge of programming and be comfortable learning new programming languages. Those who lack current programming skills (e.g., Java, C++, Python, object-oriented approach) may apply but will be required to take SE 602 Fundamental Computer Science I With Java before beginning the core courses.
If you have any questions about whether your background qualifies you to apply for the Advanced Certificate in Software Development and Engineering, please contact an admission advisor at (866) 843-7205 (toll-free) or email@example.com.
Applicants to the certificate program must provide:
- A completed online application
- A personal statement
- The personal statement should be one page and no more than 750 words. The personal statement should be directed to the Graduate Admission Committee and explain why you would like to pursue the Advanced Certificate in Secure Software and Information Engineering. You should include any additional information regarding your academic performance and/or professional experience that will help the committee gain a strong understanding of your qualifications and goals.
- A resume
- The resume should call out any experience in the field, especially related to knowledge of computer science and fundamental issues of programming.
- Include transcripts from every post-secondary institution where you have completed coursework.
- Pace prefers to receive transcripts electronically and participates in several electronic transcript networks: Credentials, Parchment Exchange, National Student ClearingHouse, and eSCRIP-SAFE. Confirm with your prior institution to determine if they participate in any of these networks.
Official transcripts should be sent directly from the institution to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to:Pace University
Graduate Admission Office
Graduate Application Processing Center
One Pace Plaza
New York, NY 10038
- International students will need to submit TOEFL, IELTS, or Pearson PTE academic scores.
- The Duolingo English Test may be accepted on a case-by-case basis.
- Please visit our international students page for more information, including a list of countries whose citizens are waived from the English-proficiency requirement.
No GRE, GMAT, or other scores are required for domestic applicants. There is no application fee.
Applications to graduate programs at Pace University are carefully reviewed by the Graduate Admission Committee utilizing a holistic approach, which considers qualitative and quantitative factors to ensure that admitted students have the requisite background and ability to succeed in the program of their choice.
This multifaceted process focuses on an evaluation of academic credentials from all prior colleges and universities attended as well as experience, service history, aspirations, and communication skills. Those individuals who the Graduate Admission Committee believe possess the quantitative and qualitative attributes that best align with the program’s academic requirements will be offered admission to the program.
Learn more about our application requirements or start your application for Spring 2024.
To learn more about Advanced Certificate in Secure Software and Information Engineering, fill out the fields in this form to download a free brochure. If you have any questions at any time, please contact an admission advisor at (866) 843-7205.