Students may start the online Advanced Certificate in Literacy Specialist program in the fall, spring, or summer term. For details about our annual academic calendar and application deadlines, please contact an admission advisor at email@example.com.
The admission committee considers applications on a rolling basis and notifies prospective students when their application is under review. We encourage prospective students to submit their application by the priority application deadline.
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution with a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Initial, professional, or permanent New York State certification as childhood, elementary, adolescent, or secondary teacher or a comparable certification from another state
- Transcripts from previously attended institutions demonstrating that applicants have completed core courses in the arts and sciences, a content-area major, and pedagogy that are consistent with program requirements
- Completed online application
- Two letters of recommendation from academic or professional references
- Current resume
- Personal statement summarizing your previous educational experiences and reasons for pursuing a literacy certificate
- Official transcripts from all previously attended colleges or universities
Applicants to the ADV CERT LIT program are not required to submit GRE scores or pay an application fee.
Transcript Submission Details
Applicants must submit official transcripts for all undergraduate and graduate institutions they’ve attended previously.
Transcripts are considered official only if they are sent directly to Pace University from the educational institution of origin or forwarded by any NACES-accredited translation evaluator (preferred), the student’s Ministry of Education, a US consular office, an EducationUSA adviser, or the Institute of Foreign Credential Services.
Transcripts can be mailed to:Pace University
Graduate Admission Office
Graduate Application Processing Center
One Pace Plaza
New York, NY 10038
Or digital transcripts can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition to meeting all general admission requirements, international applicants must demonstrate English proficiency by submitting TOEFL, IELTS, or Pearson PTE academic scores.
Citizens from the following countries are waived from the English proficiency requirement: Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the British Virgin Islands, Jamaica, United Kingdom, Ireland, Antigua, Scotland, St. Lucia, Bahamas, Barbados, Trinidad/Tobago, Dominica, Grenada, Grand Cayman, Guyana, Belize, Anguilla, Montserrat, Turks and Caicos Islands, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Antigua, and Barbuda.
If you are an F-1 visa holder, you may not take more than one online class per semester and must be a full-time student for the duration of your program. F-1 visa holders cannot take an all online or majority online program in the United States.
To learn more about Advanced Certificate in Literacy Specialist, fill out the fields in this form to download a free brochure. If you have any questions at any time, please contact an admission advisor at (866) 843-7201.